Helen Keller International
Founded in 1915, Helen Keller International prevents blindness and reduces malnutrition working worldwide. Our mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. 80% of all blindness is avoidable which means four out of every five people at risk can have their sight saved or restored.
Giving a gift to Helen Keller International is truly life-changing. For more information about HKI, please visit, www.hki.org
Child Fund International
For over 60 years Child Fund International has been providing assistance to needy children worldwide. Services are provided
to approximatley 4.6 million children and families regardless of race, religion or gender in 31 counries including USA.
Too many of the world's children suffer the debilitating effects of poverty and violence. Children have the right to experience
life with as much joy and hope as humanly possible.
Our Mission: Child Fund International creates an environment of hope and respect for needy children of all cultures and beliefs,
in which they have opportunities to achieve their full potential, and provides practical tools for positive change to children,
families and communities. For more info visit http://www.childfund.org
The Smile Train
Unlike many charities that do many different things, The Smile Train is focused on solving a single problem: cleft lip and palate.
Clefts are a major problem in developing countries where there are millions of children who are suffering with unrepaired clefts.
Most cannot eat or speak properly. Aren’t allowed to attend school or hold a job, and face very difficult lives filled with shame
isolation, pain and heartache.
The good news is every single child with a cleft can be helped with surgery that costs as little as $250 and takes as little as 45 minutes.
This is our mission:
• To provide free cleft surgery for millions of poor children in developing countries.
• To provide free cleft-related training for doctors and medical professionals.
Until there are no more children who need help and we have completely eradicated the problem of clefts. Visit www.thesmiletrain.org
Habitat for Humanity International
What is Habitat for Humanity International?
• A nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry.
• We seek to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.
• To accomplish these goals, we invite people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses together in partnership with families.
• Habitat for Humanity was founded in 1976 by Millard Fuller, along with his wife, Linda.
• Today, we have helped build over 400,000 decent, affordable houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.
visit www.habitat.org for more info.